Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby RJHollins » Fri May 03, 2019 6:09 am

Always some unique concepts there TIFFY !

Thanks for sharing ... and for something to play with to stir ideas 8-)
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Thu May 09, 2019 11:27 am

AUDIO PLUGIN CABLE V1.8 (WITH SNAPIN DISTANCE = 0.25).

OBSOLETE - SEE V1.12

The reason I made this simple schematic was to experiment with the "SnapIn Distance" when the Cable (Dynamic) is Plugged into Plug (In 1) position. I don't know if this is the correct method I used but if someone has a better solution I would be glad to know. The main problem with the "SnapIn Distance" is that it does not precisely align although it makes the connection easier - so, I wonder if there exists a better method to get the Cable connection precisely aligned automatically when within the SnapIn Distance?

Operation:

Switch On the Speakers on DS Out.
Adjust the Volume to Required Setting.
Left Click with the Mouse on Plug (Out 1) and Drag the Cable (Dynamic) towards Plug (In 1) until the In 1 Plug turns Green in Color which idicates a connection has been made. If you let go of the Mouse prior to Plug (In 1) turns Green (i.e. Connected), the Cable will automatically retract back to Plug (Out 1).

At this stage when the Cable (Dynamic) is connected to both Plugs (Out 1 to In 1) you should see the Noise on the Scope as well as hear it on the Speakers.

To Disconnect the Cable (Dynamic) left Click with the Mouse on Plug (In 1) and Drag the Mouse away until Plug (In 1) change Color from Green to Blue again.

You can make Adjustments on the Properties Panel.

NOTE: When Changing Plug (Out 1 & In 1) XY-Positions on the Properties Panel you must then also physically move those two Plugs on the Edit Panel to the exact XY-positions specified.

CREDIT:
MyCo - Bounce Oscillator.
MV - Stereo Clipper.
Attachments
Audio Plugin Cable v1.8.fsm
Obsolete (see v1.12)
(45.94 KiB) Downloaded 987 times
Last edited by tiffy on Wed May 15, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Fri May 10, 2019 2:20 pm

AUDIO PLUGIN CABLE V1.12 (WITH SNAPIN DISTANCE).

I managed to make the proper "SnapIn" for the Audio Plugin Cable v1.12 which now works as required with the proper alignment of the connection as well.

I also reorganized the items on the Properties Panel.
Attachments
Audio Plugin Cable v1.12.fsm
Reorganized Items on Properties Panel
(44.05 KiB) Downloaded 984 times
Last edited by tiffy on Wed May 15, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Fri May 10, 2019 5:22 pm

Hi TIFFY.

Coincidentally, I've a Producer/Writer Friend that's currently wiring up his production Patch Bay ... a rather involved setup, that has him on the 3rd attempt :roll: :lol:

I had a moment to load up this new patch version. Looking to be working very nicely.

Always some cool things Tiffy ....

Thanks 8-)
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Thu May 23, 2019 1:20 pm

LOADING MULTIPLE MP3/WAV FILES.

But with the first version DO NOT Click with the Mouse directly on the Files you want to load or else it will not work. Just Click your way to the Directory of the files you want to Load and Click OPEN.

NOTE: The first version of the schematic will also NOT work when you try to load multiple files from multiple (different) directories during the same action as it will cancel the first file load and only keep the files loaded from the last attempt.

NOTE: With Version 2 you have the option to switch between MP3/WAV from the Properties Menu. The schematic now is much simpler and has fewer components. The first version is now obsolete. With version 2 it does NOT matter if you click with the Mouse directly on the files (mp3/Wav) you want to load as it will still load all the files in the directory.
Attachments
Loading Multiple Files (Wav-MP3) v2.fsm
New Version 2
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 1008 times
Loading Multiple Files (MP3-Wav).fsm
This file is obsolete
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 980 times
Last edited by tiffy on Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tiffy

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Thu May 23, 2019 3:22 pm

tiffy wrote:LOADING MULTIPLE MP3/WAV FILES.

But DO NOT Click with the Mouse directly on the Files you want to load or else it will not work.
Just Click your way to the Directory of the files you want to Load and Click OPEN.

Thanks Tiffy, this might come in handy
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby tiffy » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:21 am

A NOT SO COMMON RUBY TOGGLE SWITCH.

The nice thing about this is that you don’t need to check the current status of the switch to update it manually. You can just call the Ruby Code "next" & Ruby will know exactly what to do.

I inserted the afterload primitive in the schematic just to ensure the Ruby display shows the "on/off" status in the bottom.
Attachments
Not so common Ruby Toggle Switch.fsm
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 952 times
tiffy

Postby tiffy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:39 pm

CONVERT ANY VALUE TO A BOOLEAN (RUBY).

It can be negative values, positive values or even zero, "nil", nothing, a space or single or double inverted commas.
Attachments
Convert any value into a boolean.fsm
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 869 times
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Hi Tiffy,

These last 2 examples [switch and convert] ... I've not been able to figure out how to use them :|

Tried Imputing a 'string' value, a Trigger ... not understanding.

any hints ?

thx
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:02 am

CONVERT ANY VALUE TO A BOOLEAN v1.1 (RUBY).

Hi, Mr. Hollins...

With the first two raw examples, I only wanted to put forward the idea in the hope that the more competent Ruby programmers will / can take it a step or two further in some practical examples and also share some of their practical ideas on this.

But since no one yet tried I will give it herewith a try on the "Convert any value to a Boolean".

Only nil & nothing & ( ) at the Input => Boolean False at Output.

Note that 0, & all other values (positive or negative) at the Input => Boolean True at Output

NOTE: Be aware though, although (), nil, or other characters (except for "nothing" at the Input) may not result in a True Boole Output, it will send an unwanted Trigger to the Output terminal!!!

However, you can connect a Changed Primitive to the Output terminal to prevent those unwanted Triggers
Attachments
Convert Any Value to a Boolean v1.1.fsm
(2.2 KiB) Downloaded 882 times
Last edited by tiffy on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiffy

PreviousNext

Return to General