Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Any word on a 64 bit version ?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Any word on a 64 bit version ?

Postby VPDannyMan » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:32 pm

@Support
Is there any word on a 64 bit version of Flow Stone ?

I know that you had planned on tackling the 64 bit version before the Ruby fix was required, (As referenced here.. http://synthmaker.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11686&st=0&sk=t&sd=a) but since the Ruby fix is now complete, do you have any news on, or have you got back to working on the 64 bit version? I know that having to do that ruby fix sort of put a monkey wrench in your plans a little as you had mentioned that the 64 bit version was going to be one of the planned updates for the new sales/marketing strategy.
(Regular updates in exchange for buying new versions more often?, or something like that?)

Either way, the Ruby update is most appreciated, but, I suspect the 64 bit version will definitely loosen some purse strings. I for one am completely looking forward to it.. :)

Thank you
VPDannyMan

Re: Any word on a 64 bit version ?

Postby CoreStylerz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:07 am

Someone know something?

Macl Wrote: " After release we'll be straight onto looking at 64bit. "
Need my support for app development, website or custom scripts?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, Cloud Solutions developer.
CoreStylerz

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Well, i believe 64bit is not easy to develope. They might need some time, and no complains about it.
But, what i'm saying is just say a word about it. let us know iwhat is going on. We
need a time idication. that's all.
kortezzzz

Postby Drnkhobo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Unless for compatibility & memory reasons I guess its not time yet. . .

https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/64bit-myths-facts/
Drnkhobo

Postby kortezzzz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:47 am

Unless for compatibility & memory reasons I guess its not time yet

Almost everybody moved to 64bit daws, and they are not looking behind for 2 reasons:
First, they want the best performance potential they can get in every project and second, they want their projects to match the next generation standard abilities and system Requirements , because when 32bit will die as an "industry standard" (and it will happen very soon), 32bit daw's projects will die with them and become useless.
so when people start a new project in 64bit, they actually prepare to that day when 32bit is no longer exists.
and we , as developers, must be ready to provide them that need, or they will not buy from us.
kortezzzz

Postby tester » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:27 am

Last edited by tester on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby CoreStylerz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:00 pm

64 bit is required for many reasons.

1) give a look of professionality to our works. (they migth are, but when the x64 is not available it look so).
2) Possibility to make stuff using more memory that actually. SM/FS actually sucks in memory managment
3) Possibility to extend the use of audio samples
4) Start learning and working in a 64bit developement

We can start with a flowstone 64 bit test enviroment.. Proceed to plugin upgrade and then when they make it go straigth to final x64 version.

Many* uses or want to use 64bit plugins without a bridge. That's a commercial thing.

We are always divided by people who sell, people who just try out. (or maybe they are just no user).
CoreStylerz

Postby tester » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Last edited by tester on Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby kortezzzz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Did you made extensive research on everybody to pick these "almost" part? :mrgreen:

You are right. maybe saying "almost evryone I know" (and I know people) would reflect the reality better. anyway, that part of my post is not the primary one.

1) give a look of professionality to our works. (they migth are, but when the x64 is not available it look so).

Saying that was relevant about 2 years ago, when most people still dreamed about totaly moving to 64bit but still used 32bit, because lot of popular useful tools didn't have a 64bit version. Today, it's not just a Curiosity, "to give it a look of professionality". today its a matter of life and death for a small developer who wants to hit the market.
kortezzzz

Postby CoreStylerz » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:05 am

Tester you migth be able to do more.
I like to design and experiment, i probably not able to build the enitre stuff in c++.

Is not just language.. Is math.

I like to create some ideas, don't being a super pro enancher of fantastic super hyper low CPU and super quality softwares..

My idea in c++ will make me old before i realised it. :lol:

That's why Flowstone can for many be a fast development too, but requires some things more.

Im lookin @ synthedit now, but one-person softwares like these sometimes... :oops:

I would like to see x64 as much i would really have a SDK for building custom primitives.

OSX is cool too.
CoreStylerz

Next

Return to General